You will hear a conversation between a Student and a Professor, discussing the Student’s plans for his thesis. Before the recording begins, you have an opportunity to look at the questions. You will be prompted (three times) to pause the video at selected intervals and take some time to answer 5 questions.
Look at Questions 1-5 before you play the video:
What are the steps for a literature review, as outlined by the Professor? Fill in the blanks.
First Step: (1) ________________________
Look in periodicals and (2) _____________ _____________________ (2 words).
Second Step: Search for (3)_______________________ to consider.
Sources to include: (4)__________________
Before you hear the rest of the conversation, take some time to look at questions 6 to 10:
Fill in the blanks
(6) Be aware of __________ in newspapers.
(7) People who buy newspapers could have a specific ______________________ ___________________. (2 words)
3 Ways of organising information:
Before you hear the rest of the conversation, take some time to look at questions 11 to 15:
Complete the sentences with the missing words.
LATCH stands for (11)_______________, alphabet, time, category and (12)_____________________.
13) Re-arranging information can reveal ___________________________________.
14) You should focus on _______________________ trends.
15) The last stage is _________________________.
You will find the transcripts for these conversations on Page 2, and the answers to the questions on Page 3.