Collocations are words that usually go together in English.
Here we are going to look at words that go with 'fresh' to make useful and popular expressions you will hear in social and professional contexts.
The collocation 'fresh air' is used to refer to the air outside, as opposed to the air in an indoor or enclosed space.
- It is very stuffy in the office today. I might just step outside for a few minutes to get some fresh air.
- Let's go for a walk. We could all do with some fresh air.
- It's so hot in here! Open the window and let some fresh air in!
A fresh look
To take 'a fresh look' means to study or observe somebody or something again, usually from a new or different perspective. It can also be used to express a new or different appearance.
- In light of the latest developments, I think we need to take a fresh look at the plans and see where they can be improved.
- Be sure to take a fresh look at your CV before making your job application. There may be things on it that need updating.
- Our product design has become very stale and boring. We could do with giving it a fresh look.
If you have 'fresh ideas', you have new, creative, or exciting thoughts, methods, or suggestions.
- Alice is very innovative. She is full of fresh ideas on how the business can develop and expand.
- The young coach brought fresh ideas to the team which helped them get out of their rut.
- We still haven't found a way of overcoming this obstacle and we are running out of fresh ideas.
To give a 'fresh perspective' means to provide a new or different point of view or way of looking at things.
- Jack's near-death experience gave him a fresh perspective on life, making him appreciate things more.
- I think that bringing someone with more experience onto the project team would give us a fresh perspective.
- The analyst provided a fresh perspective on the financial crisis in his thought-provoking article.
A 'fresh supply' is a newly arrived addition or replacement to something. It can also be used to refer to a clean source of something.
- We could do with a fresh supply of goods as we are running dangerously low on stock.
- Such is the demand for jobs, the company always has a fresh supply of new recruits waiting to fill entry-level positions.
- Locals do not have access to a fresh supply of water, which is leading to illness and dehydration.